Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Do You Trust God?


Life is full of questions. Especially at my age it seems.

What will my future hold? Will I hold the same convictions then as I do now? When will I die? What does God want me to do with my life? Will I ever get married? If so, will the marriage last? Will I be a good husband? How many kids will I have? Will I have any kids? Will I be a good father?

What is going to happen to me?

Questions like this only lead to one thing: doubt in the God that you gave your life to. “What?” you might say, “How is that? I’m just worried about my future, that’s all. I don’t know what it’ll bring!”

That’s the point.

You’re so concerned with your future that you’re forgetting one simple thing: the fact that God made you, and has plans for your future. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understandings. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path.”

God Will lead your path, not you! Worrying about the future diminishes God’s presence in your life. You’re focusing on yourself, rather than focusing on God. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.” (Matt. 6:34)

When you worry about the future, you’re being selfish. How is that? Worrying about something always puts the focus on one person: you. “I hope I get to see my friend tomorrow,” “I hope he doesn’t take the last malt ball!” I, I, I, I. The focus is on your wants, and your ‘needs’.

In case you haven’t figured it our yet, life is NOT all about YOU. It’s about bringing glory to our heavenly Father. Putting trust in Him. Recognizing that by making Him boss in your life, that you make him the director of your life. He’s got this massive blueprint that’s being built day by day. He knows all the details and all the materials needed to build up your life.

Let go of life, and give it to God. Trust in Him, and not on your own understanding. Acknowledge him, and He will direct your life.

No comments: