Friday, June 7, 2013

My New Instrument

Two days ago I visited some good friends from my old neighborhood. We had a fantastic time together! Playing music, walking in the woods, and if you knew them well, you would know that we couldn't leave without playing a few rounds of Super Smash Bros on the Wii!

Playing music together was intriguing, if only for the fact that my friend had just gotten a 12 hole Ocarina. It's such a beautiful wind instrument, and very easy to play (if your looking at tablature, which is pictures to show where to put your fingers.) Upon asking, he let me play and follow the tab, which was plenty easy. Coming home, I immediately started looking at general prices for this small instrument. To my utmost amazement, some Ocarinas are over 80 DOLLARS! Goodness gracious!

I continued to search until I found a nice little plastic Ocarina. It was about ten dollars, so I went ahead and bought it. It just came in today. I decided to take a picture of it for you, so here it is...



It's probably the sorriest sounding Ocarina I've EVER heard, but I gotta start somewhere I guess. Eventually, once I get good at it, I hope to get a nice porcelain or ceramic Ocarina.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For the price its ok I guess, but whats with the weird fringe thing around the edge? Doesn't that make it uncomfortable to play?

The Blah Blog said...

No, not really, it's very ignorable.